Pages

Sunday, April 2, 2017

Resume



Image result for hands on


By Zach

This weekend I participated in a hands on business scenario. I applied for an internship this summer. I had to create my own resume and e-mail my contact for whom I'm getting this internship through. This was a different learning experience compared to learning or writing in class. I had to come up with different sections of my resume and then fill them out in detail. I tried focusing on my strengths because I can evaluate more on them. I deleted my contact information for this.




Education

2016-2020

2012-2016
Freshman At Michigan State

Lake Orion Community High School, Lake Orion, MI
General Education, GPA 3.7
·       Take Honors Math and Science courses every year
·       Took AP Math class senior year
2010 – 2012
Oakview Middle School
·       Graduated middle school with high honors, GPA 3.9
·       Member of the National Junior Honors Society throughout middle school

Work Experience

2016-Present

2014-2016

2013-2014
Am a member of the Union Deli Staff at MSU

Worked as banquet staff at Indianwood. Got promoted to Banquet captain after 1 year.

Worked as Banquet staff at Canterbury Village

Volunteer experience

2014-2016

2010-2012
Volunteered at Oakview Middle School for 40 hours of Bully Busters.

Oakview Middle School – Friends, Family and Fun Nights
·       Student activities basketball coordinator & coach
·       Past two years worked fall registration for service hours.  Includes school set up, helping w/ pictures ID’s, clean up and whatever is required.

Extra Curricular Activities

·       8 years running Cross Country (Oakland County Champs 2012) (both middle school and High School)
·       7 years running Track (both middle school and High School)
·       Member of St. Joseph Catholic Church, Lake Orion
·       Avid downhill skier since 3 years old
·       2x year karate (2nd place trophy for sparring)



Sources
My Resume

4 comments:

  1. Interesting, I like how you used your person information in order to prove a point. It's a nice resume. I hope you get your internship. How long did it take you to put together your resume?

    Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also think it is very important to make your strengths known on a resume. I hope you get the internship!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Business DiversifiedApril 9, 2017 at 7:56 PM

    I thought it was cool because I recently put my resume together and I didn't include some of the things you did such as middle school achievements and really high school achievements. After reading your post, I definitely will consider adding more to it. I always thought jobs/internships didn't actually care about high school etc but mostly just college. Interesting post. I hope everything works out for you with this internship application.

    -Amos Ray IV

    ReplyDelete